Cross-staff slur

From: Vivian Barty-Taylor
Subject: Cross-staff slur
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 11:16:00 +0100 (BST)

I'm trying to get a cross-staff slur within a
PianoStaff. I didn't find any easy ways of doing this
in the manual (I'm still using 2.6.5) and so have
tried to fudge it by putting all the notes I need
slurred in one voice and then putting the \change
Staff command within the Voice context.

My problem then is that there is a big space between
the beginning of the slur and the notehead. I've tried
altering properties of the Slur grob including
#'height-limit and #'ratio but I can't get what I
want. Any suggestions?

The code I've got looks like this:

\override Slur #'height-limit = #10 % just to test
\override Slur #'ratio = #0.8 % sharp initial incline
<<
\new Voice {r16  \stemDown g([ aes] \change Staff =
upper f''[ e])}
\stemNeutral
\new Voice {s8. r8 r8. g,,16}

Many thanks,