Re: dynamics: integrated or separate variable?

From: Geoff Horton
Subject: Re: dynamics: integrated or separate variable?
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2006 09:49:40 -0400

As a matter of practice, I put the dynamics directly in the note code,
even though my philosophical preference is to separate notes from
interpretation as much as possible. I'm not sure why--maybe to keep
down the number of independent music parts, I guess.

> In any case, I'm happy to be shown where I'm wrong, and learn "the
> right way".  =)

The way that gives you the output you want without driving you nuts
_is_ the right way :)

Geoff