Re: Set vs. Override - I'm confused

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Set vs. Override - I'm confused
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 23:12:50 +0200

Quoting Geoff Horton <address@hidden>:

The followup question is obvious, but I leave it to you to think about it
and see if you get any further.

I've been wondering for some time if the distinction is a helpful one,
but I suspect changing it now would involve too much internal
tinkering, not to mention breaking of old scores.

Geoff

Actually, it used to be the same command for setting both
types of properties, which did cause quite some confusion.
However, the distinction between the two kinds of properties
is often fairly arbitrary and many properties that earlier
were context properties have now been converted to object
properties (and probably the other way around as well).

  /Mats