Re: Installing 2.8 after many other releases

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Installing 2.8 after many other releases
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:31:21 +0200

Quoting josiah boothby <address@hidden>:

Honestly, I think this is the problem:

I am afraid to lose the lilypond-snapshot 2.4.1 and remain with no
working lilypond, which has become essential to me.

My advice would be to uninstall this with apt-get, and try the GUB
installer. Deleting the binaries doesn't uninstall the program.

As long as you make sure that the new LilyPond installation is
placed in a directory that is before the old installation in the $PATH environment variable, there should be no need to remove
the old version.

 /Mats