Lily is writing the PDF to the /bin ignoring the --output option tag

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Lily is writing the PDF to the /bin ignoring the --output option tag
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:07:14 -0700 (PDT)

I am running lilypond on winXP from a DOS prompt, I enter the following
commands specifying that the output file is to go to a specific folder named
by "--output=".  After execution the .PS file does go to that folder fine
however the .PDF file goes to the current directory, which unfortunately is
the /bin folder of the EXE!  Below are the commands I am entering.  How can
I get lily to write all the output files to the "--output=" path?

cd "C:\Program Files\LilyPond\usr\bin"

lilypond.exe --pdf
--output="C:/Rick/Notation_2.8.0/WatchWhatHappens/WatchWhatHappens"
"C:/Rick/Notation_2.8.0/WatchWhatHappens/WatchWhatHappens.ly"

I want to set up some large batch jobs where each songs output goes to
specifically named folders and dont want to go to the /bin to manually drag
all my output back again.  The PDF is going to the "current dir" whereas the
PS goes to the proper folder.