setting word-space more globally?

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: setting word-space more globally?
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 22:36:09 -0700 (PDT)

Is there any way that the word-space property can be set more globally,
instead of within each specific \markup itself?  Specifically is there any
way that I can set word-space property at the Lyrics staff level?  I use the
following markup repeatedly and I want to find a way to shorten up my source
code because constantly resetting word-space is redundant:

varDomSevFltFivIII = \markup {\override #'(word-space . 0.1) \center-align
        { \line { "D" { \super \line { 7 \flat 5 } } }
        { \fret-diagram-terse #"4;x;4;5;3;x;" } } }

Since I use several variables like the above in the Lyrics staff, I want to
set word-space at Lyrics level and eliminate it from each specific variable.
(because there are several variables like the above that contain this same
redundant word-space expression).

Also usage of word-space is not documented in the manual, it may be an item
to add, same for baseline-skip.

Thanks
Rick