keep \bar subdivision out of full-measure rests

From: Kieren Richard MacMillan
Subject: keep \bar subdivision out of full-measure rests
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 11:16:02 -0400

[ Lilypond 2.8.1 ]

Hello, all --

I've got a subdivided bar (using \bar ":") which ends up cutting through full-measure rests in other (tacet) parts, e.g.,

PNG image

What are my options for stopping this from happening? In other words, if the staff has no music in that bar, I'd like the global bar subdivision not to show up. [Worst case scenario, I'll separately tag the score (with individual rests per sub-measure) and part (with a full-measure rest)...]

Thanks,
Kieren.