Re: right aligning text

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: right aligning text
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 04:35:32 -0700

Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
Paul Scott <address@hidden> writes:

Why doesn't this code right align the text on the bar line?

\version "2.8.1"

\relative c'' {
  a1 c f g^\markup{ \right-align{ "D.S. al Coda" } }

TIA,

Paul Scott

If you want to align something on a bar line, you'd better use \mark.
Ok. I see where that makes as much sense as what I was thinking which was that the whole note represented the space in the bar which was the space in which I wanted the text right aligned.
DSalCoda = {
  \once \override Score . RehearsalMark #'break-visibility =
#begin-of-line-invisible
  \once \override Score . RehearsalMark #'self-alignment-X = #RIGHT
  \once \override Score . RehearsalMark #'direction = #DOWN
  \once \override Score . RehearsalMark #'no-spacing-rods = ##t
  \once \override Score . RehearsalMark #'padding = #2
  \mark "D.S. al coda"
}

{
  c'1 c' \DSalCoda