RE: Object hierarchy in LilyPond?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: RE: Object hierarchy in LilyPond?
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 22:28:38 +0200

Quoting "arjan.bos" <address@hidden>:

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van:    Simon Dahlbacka

On 5/10/06, Erik Sandberg <address@hidden> wrote:

There's a lot of data used in lily. It would require quite some effort to
build the model you're suggesting, and someone would need to maintain the
model (which is changing all the time). I think all the current developers
have better things to do, but I nothing stops you from writing such
documentation.

the only sane way to do such a thing would be to auto-generate the data by
parsing the source or something so it would be updated "with the click of a
button". Personally, I don't have the extra time to build such a scraping
tool..

There is no need to write one. I got myself the lily source of cvs and downloaded Doxygen. This creates lots of nice graphs and object hierarchies from the .cc and .hh files. It also shows links between and even definitions of the classes.

Unfortunately, you won't get very wise if you only look at the C++ class structure, since lots of the implementation is done in Scheme.

This whole thread is getting very confused, since some people talk
about implementation structure, whereas others talk about the context/layout object structure that the user sees when he wants
to set a property.

  /Mats