Re: set Hairpin length as percentage of "normal"?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: set Hairpin length as percentage of "normal"?
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 14:21:37 -0700

On 19-May-06, at 1:51 PM, Kieren Richard MacMillan wrote:

Just wondering if there's a way to set the length of a Hairpin as a percentage of its "natural" length (as determined by Lilypond) -- for example, something like

    \once \override Voice.Hairpin #'length = #0.8

I'm trying to come up with the easiest way to make Hairpins end on a non-note event (e.g., rest, barline, mid-measure).

Hairpins ending on a barline have been added to CVS,

{
\set hairpinToBarline = ##t
\override Hairpin #'bound-padding = #1.0
c4\< c2. c4\!
}

I can't remember offhand if it got in before 2.9.5 was released, but it'll certainly be in 2.9.6.

Cheers,
- Graham