Re: Problem setting ottavation text

From: Thies Albrecht
Subject: Re: Problem setting ottavation text
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 17:10:59 +0200

Hi Peter!

Peter Clarke schrieb:
Greetings all,
I would like to change the ottavation text (on the octave up/down bracket) from the rather verbose default "8va bassa" to just "8". The manual says I can do this with
\set Staff.ottavation = #"8"
but this gives me the following error when parsing:
Did you turn ottavation on before setting the text?
see http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.8/Documentation/user/lilypond/Ottava-brackets.html#index-ottava-939

For me, when I don't turn it on before, I get the error message you posted.

Kind regards
Thies Albrecht