Re: Mixed questions

From: zrlaszlo
Subject: Re: Mixed questions
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:37:12 -0700 (PDT)

1. The best workaround so far is editing the titling-init.ly as follows.
Find:

      \fill-line {
        \fromproperty #'header:poet
        { \large \bold \fromproperty #'header:instrument }
        \fromproperty #'header:composer
      }

and replace with:

      \fill-line {
      \fromproperty #'header:poet
      }
      \fill-line {
        { \large \bold \fromproperty #'header:instrument }
      }
      \fill-line {
      \fromproperty #'header:composer
      }
If someone has a better idea, let me know.

2. Unfortunately, I can not see your example (attachement removed... -
why?), but I try to imagine.
I think you would like to insert a barline like two thin lines and a colon.
If this is the case, that type of barline is not supported. Normally you
should use a simple repeat sign like thick line, thin line and period.
However, I suggest the following tweak:

\score {
        \relative {
                c c c c \bar ":|"
                \override Score.RehearsalMark #'extra-offset = #'( 0.5 . -3.5 )
                \override Score.RehearsalMark #'font-size = #5
                \override Score.RehearsalMark #'font-name = #"Times New Roman"
                \mark \markup \huge { \bold : }
                c c c c

Play around with the extra-offset for correct placement (wether you want the
colon on the left or right of the barline), and with font-size and font-name
properties for exact size (the \bold may or may not help you - remove it if
not needed). The \bar ":|" barline is there for comparison. When you found
the correct placement and size for the colon, change it to \bar "||", and
you are done. If you use rehearsal marks from the point concerned on, use
\once \override instead of \override.

3. I would like to see the measures concerned. Email the .ly file to me:
address@hidden