Re: lilypond-book fragment with ties/slurs continuing over the end of th

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: lilypond-book fragment with ties/slurs continuing over the end of the fragment
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 03:54:02 -0700

On 23-May-06, at 4:04 AM, Vaclav Smilauer wrote:

I tried to typeset fragments that have slurs and ties that continue to the part of music that is not in the fragment. The fragments are block-aligned; I would like to produce the slur/tie as if the fragment was line-broken at the end, but
without the other line appearing. I tried two approaches:

This sounds fairly complicated; I'm not certain if it can be done in lilypond. The only other option I can think of is using laissez vibre ties.

2. "... | c1 ~| \break\hideNotes\stopStaff c": the alignment was perfect, the tie was also perfect, but I got clef, bar number and the other part of the
broken tie printed.

You could hide the clef and bar numbers relatively easily. I'm not at all certain about hiding the other part of the tie, and in any case these "extra" markings would occupy space (leaving a huge gap between music and text).

Cheers,
- Graham