Call for sponsorship: MusicXML

From: darius
Subject: Call for sponsorship: MusicXML
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 19:33:49 +0000

Hello List,

In the past few months, the MusicXML to Lilypond converter has been
developed and improved significantly, sponsored by myself and several
others (thanks a lot to this bunch, including Mark van den Borre and
others... !!!)

We are now facing an additional set of features that would turn this
converter into a truly usable tool, addressing things such as dynamics,
grace notes, hairpins, etc.

In addition to features that support my own personal interest in this
area - namely, the fully automated translation of Finale scores onto
Lilypond as a backend - a number of features address maintainability of
the generated lilypond score, namely, support for relative mode and
meaningful identifiers.

The total evaluation amounts to 875 Euros (Details available on request,
the list is pretty comprehensive but it's perfectly possible that it misses
a feature you would consider essential, such as lyrics, for instance).

Is there anyone willing to help me pay for this ? This would allow fairly
smooth migration from Finale scores to Lilypond, or even, as I'm considering,
using Lilypond to produce beautiful scores rather than the ugly things Finale
generates.

Darius.