Glissando length

From: Benedict Singer
Subject: Glissando length
Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 16:21:39 -0500

Hi all,

I'm doing a piece with extensive glissando usage, and there's a bit of an issue. Lilypond is setting most of the piece with the measures very nicely spaced on each line; however, when there's glissandi in there, it's still spacing it the same way, and so, for example, a measure of 4 quarters connected with glissandi results in several basically invisible glissando lines. I tried doing: \override Glissando #'minimum-length = #5 based on the comments in the docs about hairpins, and checking that Glissando had a minimum-length property, but it didn't seem to do anything. Is there a way I can force Lilypond to make the glissandi at least some specified length, and space the notes out as a result? Or, if I need to do it the other way, and space the notes out so the glissandi are more visible, that's ok too; I just need to know how. Thanks!

Ben