Re: ps error under windows xp

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: ps error under windows xp
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2006 03:13:56 +0200

Russell Lang schreef:

So the next problem is to make this the default.

I can embed this in my file with
  #(ly:set-option 'gs-font-load #f)

Can I embed it on one of the system files?
I tried putting this at the end of init.ly but this didn't work.

put it just before \maininput

As time goes by, it will become more important to make -dno-gs-font-
load the default. I think the plan is for ghostscript to be run with -dSAFER as the default, and to only allow files to be read from the current directory. If this change happens, then lilypond's use of GS to create PDF will not work.

I think it was a stopgap measure related installer bugs on windows. We might be able to do without today.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com