Re: Vertical Spacing Not Working

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Vertical Spacing Not Working
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2006 12:32:19 -0700

On Sat, 17 Jun 2006 11:29:48 -0400
Will Oram <address@hidden> wrote:

> Well, no, I was aiming more for minimal white space everywhere. Not
> on top, not on bottom, the middle, in the aether. Only between
> system staves, plus enough between systems to distinguish them.

That's what he said.  If you want as little space between staves as
possible, then you want
\paper {
  ragged-bottom = ##t
}

> I've used lp long enough to remember that for the longest time what
> I'm asking was impossible. Perhaps it's still impossible and I'm
> misunderstanding the manual.

The 2.9.9 manual has a new chapter on spacing, and everything apart
from one subsection (which is marked) applies to 2.8.  Take a look at
that, and if you see any mistakes or can think of any improvements,
please let me know.

Cheers,
- Graham