Re: problem with midi file export

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: problem with midi file export
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 14:38:50 -0700

Jay Hamilton wrote:
XP Pro
lily 2.8x (1 or 4) but doesn't seem to matter the midi files from 2.6x have the
same problem

Before switching to a new machine and xp-pro I had to change the extension on the midi files to mid *after* they were produced. But once I did that I could import it/play it via the various software that I have.

That is no longer the case when I try to play a midi file produced by lily now
I get

"The specidfied file cannot be played on the specified MCI device.  the file may be
corrupt, not in the correct format, or no fil"

Which I have no idea what that means exactly or how to fix it. I haven't figured out a way to change the file extension in XP=pro either and changing it in the lily file didn't work.
Thanks for bringing this up. I haven't used midi very much but I have just found this problem and didn't know what to do either.

Paul Scott