Text/dynamic mark collisions?

From: Shamus
Subject: Text/dynamic mark collisions?
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 22:39:22 -0700

Using 2.8.2:

c1-\markup { \italic { Colors 1st time, sidestick on DS } } \mf

causes a collision between the dynamic mark and the text markup, as
shown in the attached pic (text1.png). This is within a RhythmicStaff
context, but that shouldn't make any difference, should it?

What makes me think that is the second pic (text2.png), with the
following markup:

c4-> \f c-> \< r2-\markup { \italic { dr. fill } } \!

The dynamic mark doesn't collide with the accent mark above it, but the
hairpin collides with both the accent mark and the markup text.

I know I can tweak the vertical position of the text markup and hairpins
by hand, but isn't this something that lily should be able to handle on
her own? In other words, does this render this way by design or is it a bug?

-- Shamus

PNG image

PNG image