Sized Contents

From: Thomas J. Webb
Subject: Sized Contents
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:42:00 -0700 (PDT)

I have a question. I'm new to LilyPond, so feel free to laugh histerically at
this question's naivete:

I'm trying to create sheets that are *automatically* sized just to fit the
contents, so it's meant for web-viewing, not print. Does anyone have any ideas?
I've been hunting through the manual to no avail. I know I can do trial and
error to get the right size, but that's not what I'm after. I want to be able
to automatically (say, from a script) generate images of notes, rather than
full sheet music. Is there any way to know the height of the contents without
digging into LilyPond's code?

-Thomas