Re: LP printing problems

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: LP printing problems
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 10:23:43 -0700

Dave Phillips wrote:
Paul Scott wrote:

#(set-global-staff-size 21)

at the top of each .ly file, where "21" is a global font size which can be fractional.

Very cool, thanks for the tip.

Since you seem to know about the global settings: The default text font spacing for my 2.8.4 LP is twice as wide as it used to be (this is on a home-built LP under Linux, Debian Etch). What happened ?
I'm not aware of any recent spacing changes. Could you produce a very short example which shows this behavior with the two different versions?
Is there a 1-line way to repair this ? I've been adding \markup commands for specific fonts, it's a pain but at least it restores the preferable spacing.
Have you read:

       10.5.6 Horizontal Spacing

in the 2.8 documentation?

I usually don't have any problem with horizontal spacing. Sometimes I use a line break (\break) to adjust horizontal spacing. I also commonly adjust the width of multi-measure rests with
\override Score.MultiMeasureRest #'minimum-length = #

HTH,

Paul