Re: Tag Schmag

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: Tag Schmag
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 23:52:30 +1000

On Sun, Sep 03, 2006 at 08:04:08AM -0500, Carrick Patterson wrote:
> I'd love to help write better documentation. But I'd have to understand how
> the
> darn thing works first. And to do that I can either read the existing
> documentation (which I've tried) or ask the list (and be accused of
> complaining).

Hmm. The classic problem.

If the docs aren't that clear, that's not a good thing and needs to be
fixed. Obviously, people who understand the docs won't always realise
that there's a problem. And people who need the docs to be clear
aren't in a position to do anything about it, as you've discovered.

So let's work together on this. What are you trying to do? What have
you tried? What happened? What do the docs lead you to believe should
have happened? Is there something that just seems unintelligible? Do
the docs seem misleading? Is there something left out? Would another
example help clarify things?

Phew, that's a long list! If you can get started, though, we might be
able to help you with your problem, and fix up the docs if they need
it.

Cameron Horsburgh