Accidental Style for each Voice ?!

From: Ben Hoefer
Subject: Accidental Style for each Voice ?!
Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 00:18:16 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I have a PianoStaff with four voices:

<<
\new Voice = "1" { \voiceOne \upper }
\new Voice = "2" { \voiceTwo \lower }

and so on.

Now, I'd like to set the accidental style to 'piano-cautionary' for each voice (see LilyPond Guide, Chap. 9.1.1).

Question 1: Would this setting make sense - or would it be more appropriate for a PianoStaff to the set the accidental style 'piano-cautionary' on the staff level?

Question 2: How can I apply the accidental sytle to a single voice (or to each voice)? The correct syntax is not clear to me.
I've tried three possibilities - but when I compile the corresponding *.ly file, LilyPond dies while parsing without an error message in the log file.

So, please give me some hints or show me some tricks with respect to the accidental style.

Thanks very much in advance!

Have a nice weekend!

Sincerely, Ben.