To hide a time signature

From: Marcus Macauley
Subject: To hide a time signature
Date: Sun, 01 Oct 2006 22:50:53 -0400

I'm trying to hide the first time signature, but display any which come later. So here's a snippet:

\version "2.9.17"
{
\once \override Staff.TimeSignature #'break-visibility = ##(#f #f #f)
\time 4/4 c'1 \time 3/4 c'2.
}

The tweak is based on this page:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/user/lilypond-internals/TimeSignature.html

It took me a while to figure out I needed two #s before the parentheses. Anyway, now it works.

But I'm curious, is there a better way to do this? (I couldn't find any examples in the documentation, e.g., under Time Signatures in the index.)

Thanks,
Marcus