Lilypond hangs when invoked

From: Vivian Barty-Taylor
Subject: Lilypond hangs when invoked
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 11:25:59 +0000 (GMT)

I'm using 2.9.16 for Mac OSX.

I'm trying to invoke Lilypond from the command line because I need to create SVG output.

I type:

lilypond.app/contents/MacOS/LilyPond -f svg lpfiles/treble.ly

and Lilypond does... precisely nothing! The Terminal window I am using just hangs.

I'm not a programmer, or experienced in using UNIX systems, so appreciate I may be making a simple mistake! Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Vivian.