lilypond-book shifts music right relative to text

From: Laura Conrad
Subject: lilypond-book shifts music right relative to text
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:16:11 -0400

I believe this has been discussed before, but I can't remember that
anyone has figured out a solution.

If you look at the output of the attached .lytex file, after running
the commands:

         lilypond-book --output=out --psfonts test.lytex
         cd out
         latex test.tex
         dvips $(DVIPSOPTS) -h
         test.psfonts -o ../test.ps test.dvi
         cd ..
         ps2pdf test.ps test.pdf

you can see that the music is shifted right relative to the text.  I
have played around with lots of latex commands, and have never managed
to cause the text and the music to have the same margins.  This means
that a lot of the wonderful control the latex geometry package gives
you over the page layout isn't very useful.

One specific problem is that if you print text with the twoside
option, the page has the same margins on front and back, but if you
print music, looking through the sheet you can see that the music is
placed differently on back and front.

Has anyone figured out a way around this?

(617) 661-8097  fax: (501) 641-5011
233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139