Guitar Tablature problems and Hammer on and Pull Offs

From: Andy Denley
Subject: Guitar Tablature problems and Hammer on and Pull Offs
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 22:21:31 -0700 (PDT)

hi there,

http://www.nabble.com/file/3817/12bar.pdf 12bar.pdf

I have a few questions about tablature and putting hammer ons and pull offs.
I am using version 2.8.7 under Windows environment. And yes I am a newbie at
this and I cant seem to find anything in the docs to this.

Firstly when I put in some code for tablature and I want an Open E (6th
string) it puts the tab on the 12th fret on the 6th string. It does this
with all of my tab, its seems I cant get it to use open strings or under the
12th fret.

Example:

\header{
title="12 Bar Blues in E Major"
composer = "Andy D"

{
\time 4/4
\key e \major
e8 e gis gis
b b cis' cis'
e' e' gis gis
b b cis' (b)
}
\new TabStaff
{
e8\6 e\6 gis\6 gis\6
b\5 b\5 cis'\5 cis'\5
e'\4 e'\4 gis\6 gis\6
b\5 b\5 cis'\5 (b)\5
}
{
a a cis' cis'
e' e' fis' fis'
a' a' cis' cis'
e' e' fis' (e')
}
\new TabStaff
{
a\5 a\5 cis'\5 cis'\5
e'\4 e'\4 fis'\4 fis'\4
a'\3 a'\3 cis'\5 cis'\5
e'\4 e'\4 fis'\4 (e')\4

\repeat volta 1 {}
}

{
b b dis dis
fis' fis' gis' (fis')
a a cis' cis'
e' e' fis' (e')
}
\new TabStaff
{
b\5 b\5 dis\5 dis\5
fis'\4 fis'\4 gis'\4 (fis')\4
a\5 a\5 cis'\5 cis'\5
e'\4 e'\4 fis'\4 (e')\4
}
{
e e gis gis
b b cis' (b)
}
\new TabStaff
{
e\6 e\6 gis\6 gis\6
b\5 b\5 cis'\5 (b)\5
}

Is there a way to force it?

Also when I put in the last area of tab I get 1 peice of tab per bar.
(Grrr!!!) I cant seem to solve this either. Is this a bug?

And my final question is on how do I do a hammer on and pull off in both tab
and normal notation?

Many thanks for your time and answers.

Andy D