Re: Repositioning \tempo, and one other question

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Repositioning \tempo, and one other question
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 11:34:28 +0200

Which version of LilyPond do you use? The property instrumentName
has been renamed in version 2.9, so if you use version 2.8, you should
read the documentation for that version. (In general, though, I recommend
to read the manual for version 2.9 since it includes many new clarifications, but here you have hit upon one of the few aspects where the new manual isn't
relevant if you have an older version).

Please always tell what LilyPond version you use, to avoid the risk of
getting irrelevant answers.

  /Mats

OnionRingOfDoom wrote:
Also, my instrument names seem to not be displayed propperly in my score.
The names are declared as follows:

Soprano = \relative c'' { \set Staff.instrumentName = #"Soprano Sax " \set Staff.shortInstrumentName = #"s.Sax "
        \global
        \clef treble
        \key c \minor
        % notes
}

Then, the score is set up as so:

\score {
        <<
                \new StaffGroup = "horns" <<
                        \new Staff = "Soprano" \Soprano
                        % more staves...

}

I saw this work in the Jazz Combo example, but it's not working for me for
some reason. Any help is greatly appreciated, as always!

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems
        Royal Institute of Technology