Re: slurs at breaks are wrongly influenced by rehearsal marks

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: slurs at breaks are wrongly influenced by rehearsal marks
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 02:01:10 +0200

Rick Hansen (aka RickH) escreveu:
FYI, this bug also happens on volta brackets that continue or start at a new
system.  The beginning of the volta bracket is "pushed" to the right by the
mark.  This is exasperated by the fact that very often it is necessary to
put a "To CODA" mark at the beginning of first endings.  In this very
frequent (pop music) case the volta bracket correctly ignores the coda mark
if it is starting in mid-system but if the coda mark and volta start happen
to occur at the beginning of a new system, the coda is pushing the volta
around so it looks like the alternate ending is beginning in mid-measure.

I've been coding around this by forcing my voltas to never start a system,
as I did not realize it was a bug, so feel free to add this too.

it's a related problem. Both spanners examine the X-extent of the columns they span. If there is a large mark on it, the column gets very wide, and the slur/bracket stretches to accomodate it.

In Toine's case, the beginpoint is stretched so far that the slur is flipped inside out.

LilyPond Software Design
 -- Code for Music Notation
http://www.lilypond-design.com