Re: New User (Problems getting started)

From: Simon Dahlbacka
Subject: Re: New User (Problems getting started)
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:24:04 +0200

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.9/Documentation/user/lilypond/Notes-for-the-MacOS-X-app.html#Notes-for-the-MacOS-X-app

On 10/31/06, Cliff Pruitt <address@hidden> wrote:
Hey everyone,  I'm just trying Lilypond for the first time today and
I'm hoping this list is a resource that can help me out a bit.

I use an Intel based Mac running OS X 10.4.8.  I'm hoping to get
Lilypond running via the command line (not via the OS X GUI).  The
hope is to use Lilypond for my church in some automated way, possibly
via PHP running on our local network.  I am unfortunately having
problems with the setup though.

First, the OS X binary seems to have some kind of problem locating a
font cache file (?).  It says something about the missing file &
crossing my fingers, but it seems to compile the sample scale file
nonetheless.  So I can at least seem to get that far, but
unfortunately that doesn't let me run Lilypond from the command line.

So second I tried the BSD installer version.  The installer runs
file, but trying to actually run the binary fails with not much more
than a "Problem executing binary" type of message.

I guess my first question would be, is there any way to run Lilypond
via the command line on an OS X system?  If so, might anyone be kind
enough to point me in the right direction on how to get it up &
running?  I'm not a novice user and am somewhat familiar with Unix &
the command line, though I am by no means an expert on that end of
things.

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Cliff