Re: Pitch/ octave notation

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: Pitch/ octave notation
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 23:08:33 +0100

"Rick Hansen (aka RickH)" <address@hidden> writes:

> Nicolas,
>
> I'm not the original poster, I was just wondering what this pre-processor
> was, I'm ok with the current relative/absolute note entry with apostrophes.

Oops! sorry.

> I am considering macros to provide more-or-less what you would call
> "conditional \include files" or "smart \includes" that will \include
> different files for songs, paper sizes, code, copyright footers, etc. based
> on condition tests, instead of me having to physically comment/uncomment the
> \include statements I want.  This and some other possibilities to generate
> lilypond code more easily for re-use, outside of simple \include files.  I
> probably should have started a new thread.  I'm getting the results I want
> using all native lp as well, but need some automation in file management now
> that I've got several hundred songs going at once across dozens of
> templates.

The conditionnal includes you can do with LilyPond, which you can trigger
for instance with command line options.

Consider:

includePageLayoutFile =
#(define-music-function (parser location) ()
   "If page breaks and tweak dump is not asked, and the file
   <basename>-page-layout.ly exists, include it."
   (if (not (ly:get-option 'dump-tweaks))
       (let ((tweak-filename (format #f "~a-page-layout.ly"
                                     (ly:parser-output-name parser))))
         (if (access? tweak-filename R_OK)
             (begin
               (ly:message "Including tweak file ~a" tweak-filename)
               (set! page-layout-parser (ly:clone-parser parser))
               (ly:parser-parse-string page-layout-parser
                                       (format #f "\\include \"~a\""
                                               tweak-filename))))))
   (make-music 'SequentialMusic 'void #t))

which can be found in the file ly/music-function-init.ly of recent
versions of LilyPond.

nicolas