Adding a spacer

From: Kevin Brown
Subject: Adding a spacer
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 06:02:46 -0800

I'm brand new to lilypond and attempting to lay out bagpipe music. The problem is that the embellishments end up too close to the notes that follow them, particularly Throws on D etc. Image of the output I'm complaining about attached. Essentially, I've read the section in the manual about horizontal spacing 3 times, and have attempted to do \overrides to transparent throwing various symbols there. Putting s1 or similar seems to place a measure bar there.... Nothing seems to work. How do I increase the spacing? I'd be perfectly happy with the equivalent of:

\slurd \spacer d2

Or, even better would be a way to define spacing after specific notes so that it happened all by itself.

Thanks for your time.

JPEG image