Re: Numbering exercises; overriding defaults; points for clefs.

From: Arvid Grøtting
Subject: Re: Numbering exercises; overriding defaults; points for clefs.
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:46:07 +0000 (UTC)

Manuel <libros <at> limay.de> writes:

> I take a different view on this matter. I think that painting was the
> first way of writing, letters being a later development. The first
> attempts to typesetting music were clumsy indeed, but even now, when
> typeset music is quite good, no printed score can equal the beauty
> of, say, Bach's handwriting.

That may be true for Bach.  Allow me to introduce Grieg as a counter-example.
Many of his manuscripts are available here:

http://www.bergen.folkebibl.no/grieg-samlingen/grieg-samlingen_komposisjoner.html

While his music is certainly excellent, I would not like Lilypond to imitate his
handwriting in any way.

Arvid