Re: proportional notation screws up score

From: Trevor Bača
Subject: Re: proportional notation screws up score
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 15:07:30 -0600

On 12/3/06, Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden> wrote:
Trevor Bača escreveu:
> 2. There is a bug with proportional not dealing with skips correctly.
> Proportional notation handles notes and rests correctly. But
> proportional notation freaks out with skips. I noticed this some time
> ago but haven't really drawn any special attention to the bug because
> a reasonable workaround is to use a transparent rest (or transparent
> note) in place of a skip. But this is a problem and does need to be
> fixed because using this workaround can (and does) lead to all sorts
> of interpreter warnings about clashing note columns or unknown rest
> direction. Here's a snippet and I'll crosspost the bug list; to see
> what's going on, render the example and note that the spacing of all
> three scores should be identical but that the 2nd score is not:

  \override SpacingSpanner #'uniform-stretching = ##t

seems to work over here.

OK, yes, it works here to. Can't believe I hadn't figured that out
before ... very useful indeed.

So the observation is something like: "uniform-stretching spaces skips
proportionally".

(My previous mental gloss on uniform-stretching was something like:
"uniform-stretching spaces simultaneous tuplets evenly". Very useful
attribute for rhythmically involved stuff.)

--
Trevor Bača
address@hidden