Re: Figured bass switches direction!

From: Trent Johnston
Subject: Re: Figured bass switches direction!
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2006 14:10:22 +1100

Hi Gilles,

Just put a space (s) between the figures.

ie.

<6>8 s <6 5/>4 <_-> |
<6 _->4 <6 5/>8 s <5> |

It only needs to be done when like figures occur in different positions.
i.e. <6> <6 5>  The first 6 is in second position when compare with the
following 6 in first position followed by 5. Putting the space (s) between
the figures cancels the alignments.

Trent