Re: different notes in verses

From: Johan Vromans
Subject: Re: different notes in verses
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 19:09:01 +0100

"Christopher A. LaFond" <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there a way to add a note to one verse only (for example, a pick up
> note to a measure). It would have to have an internal time value of
> zero, since it only appears once, and could be indicated with
> parentheses.

I, too, have been trying to achieve something like that. This is my
current workaround. The notes that are for one verse only are slightly
smaller. Since they are not zero-length, the other verse(s) have a " "
(empty string) at that place.

I use a small macro:

smn = { \once \set fontSize = #-2 }

and then something like this:

  r8 \smn g g[ g] g[ f] e d16( c) |

the first g being for one verse only.

I doubt this it the best approach, but at least it looks consistent.

-- Johan