Re: My first define-music-function, I'm trying, need help

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: My first define-music-function, I'm trying, need help
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 00:14:23 -0700

Geoff Horton wrote:
I was afraid of this kind of answer, if define-music-function cant do
something as simple as replace one note on a \transpose without writing a
whole bunch of code... I'm not going to bother with it myself.  Too much
complexity, I'd rather look for something that will let me stay on a
user-level, I just dont have time for programming.

I've been using m4 myself. The devs seem strongly resistant to the
idea of a built-in preprocessor.
I certainly agree with the "dev"s on not reinventing the wheel (preprocessors) but maybe a simple compromise would be a command line option that invoked the preprocessor of our choice. OTOH anyone capable of setting up the preprocessor commands could probably write the simple script to cause the preprocessor to be invoked followed by a call to Lily.

Paul Scott