Re: [SPAM:] \score blocks in included files

From: Paul Scott
Subject: Re: [SPAM:] \score blocks in included files
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 18:16:04 -0700

gnomino wrote:
Hello,

I'm typesetting instrumental music, and am trying to produce one file for each
instrument, and one file for the conductor's score (for which the input file
includes all the other input files). I put the music for each instrument into a
separate file, and intend to run lilypond on each individual .ly file to
generate the score defined in that file.
Maybe you have a reason for your structure which you can tell us about. Otherwise many of us use a variation on your idea. We put all the music in a single xyznotes.ly file and the score commands in individual files: xyzscore.ly, xyzvln1.ly, etc. The notes file can include other files if you think the "notes" file is too big. This has been discussed here before.

Have fun,

Paul Scott