RE: FW: Visual Slur Tweaking Tool

From: Stewart Holmes
Subject: RE: FW: Visual Slur Tweaking Tool
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 20:34:41 -0000

Hello again. I've recompiled for Java 1.5, and tidied up/fixed some things.
www.stewartholmes.com/LilypondBezierTool.jar.

Bertalan; regarding your calculation for staff-space to pixels. I tried your
values, but they turned out a touch too short. I then made a Lilypond file
with a slur that I told Lilypond to make a straight line 50 staff-space
long. I measured the number of pixels this took, then simply divided to find
the number of pixels per staff-space. Since I figure that the relationship
between staff-space and staff-size is linear, I multiply this by a factor
dependent on the staff space.

As regards inclusion into LilyPondTool; could it just be added more or less
as is? It uses nothing special other than JPedal, which LilyPondTool already
uses.

Thanks,
Stewart