Bar numbering with Timing_translator in Staff context

From: Vivian Barty-Taylor
Subject: Bar numbering with Timing_translator in Staff context
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:49:36 +0000 (GMT)

Could somebody please explain how this works? I've moved the Timing_translator as described in section 8.4.1 of the manual (Polymetric notation). Now bar numbers appear only irregularly throughout my score (on 2 pages out of 7 ) and are also incorrect!

Confusingly, the bar numbers don't print even before the change in time signatures occurs.

I'm using Lilypond 2.10.1 for Mac OSX.

Many thanks,

Vivian.