Again: rest on wrong side

From: Roland Goretzki
Subject: Again: rest on wrong side
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 00:37:18 +0100

Dear Han Wen,

under
I found Your comment to the bug report with rest on wrong side.

Your comment:
The voice containing the rests should have stems/stemdown set, otherwise
lily will mess up with collisions, whether they contain rests or notes.

I can't aggree with that for the following two reasons:

1. The piece, working on which I found this BUG, is Chopin's Study Opus
   10 No. 1 in C-major.
   It contains 79 bars, and each second bar has this staff changing with
   holding the stems up.

   The edition from Herrmann Scholz, on which the mutopia contribution
   shall rely, has the stem direction I want as well as my edition from
   G. Henle, as well as my edition from Wilhelm Hansen, Kopenhagen.

2. In lilypond version 2.8 and earlier it was possible to notate as I'm
   wanting, so the newest lilypond version is a regress compared with
   earlier versions, and I'm insisting, that this is a bug.

I think, such changings in the behaviour of lilypond shouldn't happen,
because they are creating frustration for working on with lilypond.

For the case, that I did misunderstand Your comment (English is still
sometimes very hard for me), I beg Your pardon and Your patience. ;-)

Best Regards           Roland