Re: lilypond not working

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: lilypond not working
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 22:43:02 +0100

Quoting prince mathew <address@hidden>:

Dear Sir,
This is a mailing list read by lots of helpful users of LilyPond.

i download lilypond for windows and installed in my pc.
But when double clicking the icon it tells elow message.
i save that file in desktop and drag it to the icon of lilypond, and a pdf
file got.

If you got a PDF file with a simple score, then the installation works
fine.

i double clicked again in the lilypond icon, and doing the same.
nothing happened.

I think you are mistaken here.

i need to use my computer keyboard as piano. What i want to do next.

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you want to do or what you expected LilyPond to do, but LilyPond is one of these programs where you cannot expect to do anything useful at all without reading the documentation, at least the Tutorial. So, go to www.lilypond.org
and click on the Documentation link for your version of LilyPond
and start reading.

  /Mats