Re: How to change spacing between accidentals?

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to change spacing between accidentals?
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 09:51:11 +0100

As far as I can understand, you are talking about the placement of the
accidentals within the key signatures, right. In that case, I don't understand
why Han-Wen referred you to the mailing list, since that spacing is hard
coded in the implementation, which even contains some special handling
of natural signs to avoid similar problems in conventional key signatures.
To me it seems that the only solution is to do some more hacking in the
C++ code.

The AccidentalPlacement object deals only with temporary accidentals
on notes, which is something completely different.

  /Mats

Andreas v. Heydwolff wrote:
Oops, sorry, forgot to tell: dev. version 2.11.14-2
and Thunderbird crashed while sending the mail, so here it is once more:

Hello all,

Han-Wen is doing a great job of helping a few interested people
including me to get Lilypond do Turkish Makam music with its 9/9
microtone steps between full notes. For those interested, "Makam" has
several etymologies, a common shared definition is that the term Makam
comprises the scale in which a melody is written inseparably seen
together with the typical movement this Makam represents (e.g., start
high, end low on a, or start in the middle, move up and then go down and
end low on g). See more at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Makam.

However, the accidentals of some of the Makams are too close together.
Han-Wen pointed me to the list for help which I am seeking, please.

  \override Staff.AccidentalPlacement #'padding = #'5.0

with various numbers inserted had no effect so far. Any help is highly
appreciated.

An example source file is below. As no init file is included yet in LP
the initializations take up most of the space of this example, but some
actual score follows far below.

Regards,

Andreas v. Heydwolff

        Mats Bengtsson