Moving markup box above chord names in a leadsheet?

From: seppo silaste
Subject: Moving markup box above chord names in a leadsheet?
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 22:48:47 +0200

In making lead sheets, I would like to have the part indication box 'c4^
\markup {\box {chorus}}' appear above the chord-names instead of between
staff and chord names. I've been searching for hours after a solution
but to no avail. Any suggestions?

As a new Lilypond user I wonder why the note length specifying logic is not extended to tuplets also; ie. in addition to 1 2 4 8 ... you would have the tuplets 3 6 12 ... 20 40 ... and so on? It seems a litter overkill to use the \times command on simple triplets.

-seppo silaste

p.s. I made a program that enables me to write a leadsheet for Lilypond
like this (view it with a monospaced font to see the logic of the formatting):

\tempo 4=74

      <verse 1>
      g2:m               es   g:m                d:m
|bb4/4 g4  g16 g   a  bes r2 | g8. g16 g  g8  f16 d4 r |
      Puu-pa--nee-li-a        ruu-su--ta-pet-ti--a

 c1                                           es2    bes
| c8  bes16 c~c8 bes16 c r16 c8   bes16 c8   d  | es4 r2.    |
 muo-vi----mat--to----ja    joil-la    luis-tel--la

etc. (the lyrics are in finnish). '|bb4/4' means b-flat major in 4/4. Repeats can be added with '|: ... :|'. The '<verse 1>'-tag will appear in a box above the staff. The text between < and > can be anything. It will be attached as a '\markup' to the nearest note on the melody line below. In this case it will be attached to the 'g4'. The syllables in the lyrics may be separeted with any number (>0) of '-':s.

This format makes it a lot easier (at least for me) to keep track of
where I'm going. The program Lilylead parses this file and feeds it to
Lilypond. Anyone iterested can get it from me (opensource ;o)