Re: midi to ly

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: midi to ly
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:11:25 +0100

You have to log out and login again after you have installed LilyPond,
but once you have done that, the commands should certainly be available
in a normal command prompt.

Let's say that you have a file called myfile.ly on your desktop, then the
following should work:
- Start a command prompt:
Start Menu -> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt
- Change directory to the Desktop:
cd Desktop
- Run convert-ly:
convert-ly -e myfile.ly

This will update the file myfile.ly and leave a copy of the old version
with the name myfile.ly~

  /Mats

Marc wrote:
Hello!

First, I want to thank Mats B., Valentin V. and Graham P. for their useful comments on the reference manual.

I also have a question about midi to ly. I am using Lilypond version 2.10.14 on a Windows XP SP2. When I open Lilypond I get a DOS command window and a lilypond text editor. I am unable to input text in the DOS shell, say the midi2ly commands (the cursor blinks but does not move) and if I do open another DOS line command window I get a reply saying that the commands are not known. Also, I am not even very sure what sequence of code I need to use to make a MIDI file become an *.ly document on the desktop.

I am very thankful of any help on this matter.

Marc.

        Mats Bengtsson
        Signal Processing
        Signals, Sensors and Systems