Re: The best way to create a songbook?

From: Stephen Martin
Subject: Re: The best way to create a songbook?
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 02:07:08 +0000 (UTC)

Dominic Neumann <mail <at> dominicneumann.de> writes:

> Hi,I´m quite new to lilypond but I´m already fascinated.
 I want to layout a whole songbook with about
200 songs. Until now I worked with Sibelius and now I´m
 thinking of typesetting that songbook with
lilypond. But there are some things to consider and I hop
e you can help me a bit:
> 1) Should I only work with lilypond or better mit LaTeX
 and lilypond-book (I already work with LaTeX)?
There are not many texts to add to the songbook.I want
 to have a song number next to each song (on the
top outer corner of the page).
> 2) If I do it without LaTeX, only using lilypond: I think
 it would be a good way to have one file for each
song in the songbook. But there are other problems:
 The identifiers I use for verselyrics or harmonies have
to be unique project-wide, don´t they?
> In that case I could try to do it without identifiers -
 that wouldn´t be a big problem.At first, these are
my question - I think, later there´ll be more ...Thankstabster