Re: First volta bracket not closed, 2nd horizontally misaligned

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: First volta bracket not closed, 2nd horizontally misaligned
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2007 13:37:51 +0100

Just as in the example in section "Printing Chord Names", it seems that you
need to add the bar line engraver to the chord names context (the bar line
won't show up in print, but LilyPond needs it to handle the volta brackets
correctly).

\version "2.10.19"
\header {
   title = "1. volta bracket not closed"
}
Melody =     \context Voice = "Melody" {
       \relative c' {
       \repeat volta 2 {c c c c}
       \alternative {{c1} {c}}
       }}

chordsymbols =     \new ChordNames \with {
       voltaOnThisStaff = ##t
       \consists Bar_engraver
   }
       \chordmode  {
       \override Score.VoltaBracket #'minimum-space = #0
       c1 c c }

guitarstaff=     \new Staff \with {voltaOnThisStaff= ##f }
       \Melody
\score
{
   <<
   \chordsymbols
   \guitarstaff

}

  /Mats

Thomas Scharkowski wrote:
I am not sure if this is a bug or if I missed something.
In the following example the first volta bracket is not closed, the second is horizontally misaligned. Any ideas?

LilyPond 2.10.19, Windows XP

\header {
        title = "1. volta bracket not closed"
}
Melody =        \context Voice = "Melody" {
                \relative c' {
\repeat volta 2 {c c c c} \alternative {{c1} {c}}
                }}

chordsymbols =  \new ChordNames \with {voltaOnThisStaff = ##t}
                \chordmode  {
                \override Score.VoltaBracket #'minimum-space = #0
                c1 c c }

guitarstaff=    \new Staff \with {\remove Volta_engraver}
                \Melody
\score {
        <<
        \chordsymbols