Re: Relative vs Absolute notation

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Relative vs Absolute notation
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 11:50:16 -0800

Alberto Simões wrote:
I am doing some musicology studies using as base documents from Mutopia. I discovered that lilypond supports both relative and absolute notation. Is there any available tool to convert from absolute notation to the relative one?

Not that I'm aware of. You can go from relative notation to absolute notation by using \displayLilyMusic (see the docs). I would recommend using absolute notation for everything.

Cheers,
- Graham