Re: LilypondTool Plugin install -- NoClassDefFound

From: Donald Axel
Subject: Re: LilypondTool Plugin install -- NoClassDefFound
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 22:47:27 +0100

On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 21:38:17 +0100
Bertalan Fodor <address@hidden> wrote:

> First of all LilyPondTool's latest version is 2.10.4, it needs jEdit
> 4.3pre9, and can be installed through the plugin manager.
> So you only have to install jEdit some way.
> And the good news is that you are almost there: you should run the
> jEdit installer via the command:
> java -jar /distfiles/jedit4.3pre9install.jar
>
> Please tell us whether you succeed or not.

Many thanks! The installation of jEdit ran smoothly and all was well,
no conflict with RPM-locations, it is a /usr/local installation.

When manually updating java to 1.6.0 I also must remember to change
JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.6.0/

jedit starts ... plugin list reflects previously installed plugins.
Hmmm ... is there something from the old jedit which still lurks in the
neighborhood? Should I remove the jedit-*rpm?

Anyway, LilypondTool failed to install until I removed or updated older
plugins from earlier jedit-installation.

Now jedit has the Lilypond drop-down list.

Transforming Lilypond source fails with the message:

Error running external command.
See the activity log about the problem.

The "console window" has this sequence:

This is a console shell for running LilyPond and related commands.
Enter %help to see the available special commands.

LilyPond ready.
%lilypond %args "/hjem/daxx/m1/code-is-code-bS.ly"

LilyPond ready.

---BUT---
the xterm window from which I run jEdit writes a LOT of output lines
of which this could be the bad guy, the "culprit" :-)

[error] AWT-EventQueue-0: java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "c:\Program
Files\LilyPond\usr\bin/lilypond" (in directory "/hjem/daxx/m1"):
java.io.IOException: error=2, No such file or directory
[error] AWT-EventQueue-0:  at
java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:4

and lots of AWT-EventQueue-0 errors, ending with
[error] Shell: LilyPond ready.

That is not an error. I think I must remove the previously
installed plugins and retry.

But this is definitely promising - a good way to integrate LilyPond
and the other tools.

   Many Thanks from
   Donald Axel

--