Re: Vim + lilypond = ?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Vim + lilypond = ?
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 16:18:23 -0800

Eyolf Ostrem wrote:
Question, then: is there a way to accomplish the same in vim...?

Of course.  Vim is perfect and can do anything!  :)

- has anyone done the work of fitting the same kind of macros in vim? (i.e.: any rhythmic value is stored in memory and applies by default to the next input; keys mappable to pitches, lengths, extras such as octave up/down, dots, etc.; spaces are added automatically; etc.). I imagine this part would be fairly easy: the mappings are the easy part, and I suppose the rest can be arranged, somehow.

I would imagine so, although I'm not that proficient with vim. Take a look at their docs.

- direct midi playback. This for me is the dealbreaker. Not that it sounds good or anything... but it speeds up input tremendously. so I guess the question boils down to this: does anyone know how I can integrate mymidikbd or some other midi app in a vim session?

Call it as a command-line script.  Again, see the vim documentation.

Cheers,
- Graham